Saturday, May 2, 2009

Portrait Society of America's Annual Portrait Conference

I just got back from a great trip to Washington DC for the Portrait Society of America's annual portrait conference. I had a great time meeting so many wonderful artists and watching demonstrations and lectures by many of my favorite artists in the world. Also, my paintings "Craig" and "Ella" were reproduced in The Art of the Portrait, the Portrait Society of America’s quarterly publication.

To read a really great blog that wrote about the conference and competition visit Matthew Innis' blog Underpaintings
Daniel Greene's demonstration

Paul Newton, Rachel Constantine, Jeremy Lipking,
Gretchen Schmid, Kristy Gordon


Gretchen Schmid, Kristy Gordon, David Kassan, Rachel Constantine

Burton Silverman, Rachel Constantine, Jeremy Lipking, Kristy Gordon


Tony Pro, Kristy Gordon, Rachel Constantine
















Casey Baugh, Mia Bergeron, Kristy Gordon, Lea Colie Wight, Scott Burdick, Jeremy Lipking, Rachel Constantine

After my trip to Washington DC, I spent a few days in New York City, where I visited my favorite paintings at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, wandered Central Park and enjoyed my first tiki party (which was gloriously taking place at the place where I was staying - an artist who I met at the conference, Nicole Desmond rescued me from having to stay in the dodgy hostel I'd booked;)

The King


Thomas Eakins






















John Singer Sargen
t


Central Park






















Nicole Desmond (my savior) in the Rhum Rhum Room

3 comments:

B Roy said...

Wow You must have had so much fun kristy!

Congrats on all the great things that are going on in your life.

-Brian Roy

TNash said...

Hey Kristy, Great blog, good to see your pix of everyone. Sorry we didn't get to talk more, it was pretty busy. Didn't mean to sneak into your picture (right behind you in the first one) It was crowded down there. Hope to see you next year.

tom

Kristy Gordon said...

Thanks Guys! hehe, and that's neat that you're in that pic too Tom!!