Thursday, August 21, 2014

Four Portrait Painting Workshops in BC!

I had a busy vacation this past month, teaching four portrait painting workshops in BC while I was there!  I started with a full palette workshop at the Okanagan School of the Arts in Penticton, then taught a limited palette workshop in Lake Country, followed by a full palette class at the Lake Country Art House and finished up with a full palette workshop in my hometown, Nelson, BC.  All of the workshops were a ton of fun and everyone did an amazing job!  Here are some photos from the workshops, as well as step by step shots of the demos I did in the classes.  We actually filmed a full three hour video of the demo I did at the Lake Country Art House, and I'm editing that together right now, so I'll post the video soon (*does anyone know if it's possible to post a three hour video on Youtube?  Most of the videos on Youtube are shorter... will I need to post it on Vimeo instead I wonder?  I'm learning as I go :-) Anyway, congratulations to all the participants of these workshops, you all did such wonderful paintings!







The demo I did in Lake Country with a limited palette

The demo I did in Nelson with a full palette

The Penticton demo using a full palette


No comments: