Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jeremy Lipking Workshop

Woowowowowowooww! I just got back from New York, where I had the pleasure of being teacher's assistant to Jeremy Lipking at the Grand Central Academy for his workshop there! The whole trip was just totally DREAAMMYYY! I love New York, and Jeremy and my pal, Amid Amidi, who was nice enough to let me stay at his place for the week and take me to some vegan-friendly restaurants! But yeah, the workshop was CRAZZYYY awesome!! I can't believe how much I learned, and watching Jeremy paint was just such a treat!!! We spent the whole first day watching him paint, then we did two paintings in the remaining four days, alongside him, so we could watch him paint whenever we wanted to! And the critiques that he gave were sooo helpful! Yeah, wow! THANK YOU JEREMY! Oh, and I even got a chance to go to the Met with Yuqi Wang, and check out the Turner exhibit there! Fun! Fun! Funnnnnnn!!!! That's it, I'm moving to New York as soon as I can!!!



















Stephanie Profile, oil on panel, 8 x 7 inches



















Stephanie, oil on panel, 12 x 9 inches

7 comments:

Vanwall said...

So you had fun, then? ;-) You seem to have been in good company, too, altho I'd've looked for a nice steak there, myself. I love Turners.

Kristy Gordon said...

Yeah, I had soooo much fun! :)

Peggi Habets Studio said...

WOW is right! I read your post with my mouth hanging open and very, very jealous (but happy for ya, your hard work is paying off). How did you get that gig? And you went to the Met WITH Yuqi Wang? I thought I read that wrong and you went to see his artwork somewhere.

Kristy Gordon said...

hehehe, yeah, it really was all pretty dreamy:) I studied with Yuqi for a few months last year, and we've stayed in touch since, so yeah, he was sweet enough to take me around the Met! We went through the Turner exhibit, and it was so great to be able to ask him about how he thought Turner got some of the textures and stuff that he got (Yuqi always had answers too:)

Jessica Rae Gordon said...

oh wow Kristy! Sounds like such a great trip. And the 2 paintings you posted look so amazing.
Dad and I went to an art gallery in Halifax and we talked about how one day you'll be a world famous artist and have entire floors dedicated to you in fancy art museums.

Kristy Gordon said...

Awww, what a sweet sister I have! By the way everyone, she's also an artist, and you can check out her work HERE

Andree said...

i like those portraits ;)...