Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I GOT MY ARTISTS VISA!!!

Michael Wides, me, and Julie Geifman with the precious document















I got my artists visa to remain in the states for another 3 years (while I work on my Green Card to stay even longer)!!!  It's been such a process and I'm eternally grateful to the amazing immigration lawyer, Michael Wildes from Wildes and Weinberg. He and his team somehow managed to organize this crazy pile of art documentation that encompasses basically everything I've ever done, into a manageable looking folder of documents.  It could have been an overwhelming process, but with their help we just took it one step at a time. I knew I was in good hands when I first met Michael and his dad, who was actually John Lennon's lawyer (a fact I didn't know when I sought him out but was totally impressed to find out). I am so incredibly happy and relieved to have my 01 visa now, and am excited to remain in New York for at least another few years!!

Mr. Leon Wildes, and John Lennon


They took this (everything art-related that I've ever done)

...and turned it into this
...and now I have this :D

No comments: